We take pride in providing top-quality merchant support to our customers. Our support personnel are eager to help you with your merchant account needs. There are a variety of ways to get the answers you need:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q: How long will it take to get my account set up after I complete the online application?
A: Merchants can expect to receive an email within
24 hours of completing the application with any additional information required
to complete the application. Merchants based in the US can be activated within
24 hours after the requirements are met. Merchants based in Canada will generally
be activated within 2 weeks after completing the requirements.
Q: I have multiple websites selling different products on each one; will I need to activate more than one account?
A: Yes. Visa and MasterCard require that you have an account for each website selling unique products.
The setup fee paid to Stores Online covers as many accounts as you need, so there is no additional charge to activate these
accounts, you will only pay the monthly and processing fees. To activate a new account, please click on Apply Online Now to
complete a new application.
Q: What items must be on my website prior to my merchant account being activated?
A: In order for your website to be Visa/MasterCard compliant and your account to be activated, the
following items must be present:
- Products and Pricing that are consistent with what is listed on your application
- Merchant Descriptor statement informing customers the name that will show up on their credit card statements. (This is generally the website name.)
- Physical location address (not just a PO Box)
- Customer service phone number
- Customer service email address
- Return/Refund Policy
- Shipping/Delivery Policy
Q: I'm concerned about fraudulent transactions coming through my website. What can I do to avoid this?
A: To help protect yourself and your business from fraud, follow this simple advice:
- Perform AVS and CVV2 checks on all transactions and ship products only to those that pass both checks.
- Ship products to the billing address (with positive AVS and CVV2) only.
- Review your batches daily and look for any transactions that appear abnormal. Immediately void those transactions that appear suspicious.
- Look for transaction red flags:
- Very large transactions, specifically those that are multiples of the same products.
- Customers requesting expedited shipping on a large transaction, especially if the shipping address and country are different than the billing address and country.
- The same customer ordering repeatedly with different credit cards.
- Do not process transactions that exceed approved transaction limits and monthly volumes.
- Trust your instincts. If a sale seems too good to be true, it probably is.