There are infrequent, although sometimes persistent attempts to defraud
our valued client base. We have developed a real-time testing routine
to guard against these attacks, and report the results of these tests
to the merchant on every transaction for follow-up prior to fulfillment
consummation. Optionally, these charges can be approved or declined
automatically based upon the following user-defined parameters.
This is a multi-layered routine to notify the merchant of any suspicious
transaction and/or to limit the region of distribution of products.
FraudTrak2 is available at no cost for any merchant using ECI-PAY.
Address Verification System (A.V.S.) - We support this widely-used
system to verify that the billing addresses and zip-codes your customers
enter are identical to the ones on their bank records.
AVS can be your first line of defense against fraudulent transactions.
To make the most of this system it is important to understand how
Please Select Where You'd Like To Begin
FraudTrak Negative Database - Unscrupulous individuals attempt some very creative
ways to get access, goods and services without paying for them. Some
order products and continually attempt chargebacks, accusing others
of unauthorized use of a credit card, usually a friend or relative.
Many times they will attempt to hit the same site repeatedly, gaining
access this month, charging back next month, and repeating the process.
We have identified many of these individuals, and maintain an exclusive,
growing database of thousands of card numbers through which charges
can be screened prior to authorizing a transaction. We encourage merchants
to report these violations directly to our technical support center
(with supporting documentation) for inclusion via fields provided in
the individual Merchant Administration System interface.
CVV2 = Card Verification Value '2' is a set of three digits, found
only on the signature plate on the reverse side of most credit cards,
that is unique to that card. By requiring that your customers enter
this value you are adding a very important layer of security to every
transaction on your site. Since the CVV(II) is found only in this
location, the card is more likely to be present and therefore there
is a reduced risk of fraud (i.e. stolen charge receipts from department
store dumpsters, intended to be used to fraudulently purchase goods
online, would not reveal the card's CVV, and therefore could not be
used on sites supporting this routine.)
- Block Internet Protocol Address - We routinely collect the I.P. address of every transaction made on our systems. If certain I.P. addresses are causing problems, you may block them from transacting on your site.
- Block Email Domains - Many times fraudulent users may establish temporary email addresses from the many free services available online. Since everyone with Internet access has a primary email address, you can block the free @domains and require that the main email address be used before they can conduct business.
- Bounced Emails - If a customer's e-mail confirmation message is returned, perhaps innocently, you need to know about it before you ship goods or commit to membership. We send you an email and/or you can enter your remote script URL in the field provided to fire a custom routine on your server.
- IP Address Frequency Check -This section allows our customers to set their own parameters on how many hits to allow in a one hour period. They can also change the settings as they see what works best for them.
- Credit Card Number Frequency Check - Attempts are also made to continually repeat purchases when a fraudulent user discovers a "stolen" credit card has been authorized successfully. Our systems monitor credit card number usage, identifying and preventing such fraudulent use. Again, these settings can be changed by the customer as they see what works best.
- Check Card Name - you utilize this feature if you want to accept only charges that have a first and last name format. This helps prevent a billing name from being entered with just single word. (such as entering a first or last name only)
- Block Proxy - if you choose not to accept charges from anonymizer sites this features allow you to do that.